Bruichladdich, Port Charlotte & Octomore
Bruichladdich is Noble Grape's favourite distillery on Islay. The production is small, and the commitment to quality throughout the distillation and ageing is faultless. The distillery was brought back to life in 2000 by former wine merchant Mark Reynier who had the foresight to hire master distiller Jim McEwan to take charge of the production. Mark's wine background has left a legacy of wine culture at Bruichladdich with many bottlings featuring ageing in casks formerly used for ageing of fine wine. But not only that, the sense of place, what wine terms we call 'terroir', is fundamentaly stamped on the range: a true sense of the unique place that is Islay.
Bruichladdich is the name used for the unpeated whiskies, whilst Port Charlotte is those which are heavily peated. There is also Octomore, a series of rare bottlings which are super heavily peated, the heaviest peated whiskies in all of Scotland.
The distillery is now owned by Remy Cointreau, but nothing has changed in the philosophy.
Noble Grape is a member of the 'Laddie Crew' and we will from time to time have access to rare bottlings, so keep calling back to look at our current range
- Bruichladdich 'The Classic Laddie' Islay Single Malt Whisky 50% ABV£41.99Bruichladdich is unique expression of Islay malts. It is entirely unpeated, but expressive, pure and fresh. Made only... Learn More
- Bruichladdich 'Islay Barley' 2011 Islay Single Malt Whisky 50% ABV£47.99Bruichladdich's latest release of their vintage dated 'Islay Barley'. This is made from barley, of several varieties,... Learn More
- Bruichladdich 'Wee Laddie' Gift Pack Containing 3 x 20cl£57.99A fantastic gift for any whisky lover. Each beautifully presented gift pack includes a three 20cl bottles... Learn More
- Bruichladdich Micro Provenance Series Rivesaltes Cask 2007 11YO Islay Single Malt 62.8% ABV£104.99
- Bruichladdich Micro Provenance Series Burgundy Cask 2006 11YO Islay Single Malt 63% ABV£104.99